This is an exercise for shoulder and biceps strengthening.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and your abs drawn in.
- Place the bar on the Smith Machine in the position where your arms are fully extended in front of you.
- Place your hands shoulder width apart and raise the bar up towards your chin with a controlled motion.
- Pause at the top for a moment and rotate your shoulder blades together.
- Lower the bar to the starting position.
Ensure you do not arch your back when pulling the bar up towards your chin.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: shoulders
- Secondary: biceps, upper back
- Equipment: smith machine