This is an exercise for shoulder strengthening.
- Lay face down on a flat bench high enough for your arms to hang down to the floor.
- Place a dumbbell at your side.
- Your other hand not grasping the dumbbell can be on the floor stabilizing your movements.
- Grasp the dumbbell in your hand and raise your upper arm to shoulder height.
- Keep your arm straight and perpendicular to your chest with a slight bend in the elbow.
- In a slow controlled manner lower your arm to starting position.
Ensure your back is straight throughout this exercise.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: shoulders
- Equipment: dumbbell, flat bench