This is an exercise for whole leg but mainly hamstring strengthening.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand.
- Stand with your feet about 8 inches apart, toes facing forward.
- Take a step forward (2-3 feet) keeping your abs drawn in and your upper body straight.
- Slowly lower one knee down as if kneeling while keeping your other knee bent at a 90 degree angle, do not let your knee touch the ground.
- Lower your body so that the rear knee is just above the floor and hold for a moment before returning to the starting position.
- Repeat on opposite side.
Ensure not maintain your front knee at a 90 degree angle, in order to prevent knee injury.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: hamstring
- Secondary: calves, gluts, quadriceps
- Equipment: dumbbells