This is an exercise for chest, shoulder and triceps strengthening.
- Place an incline bench at a 45 degree angle in the middle of the Smith Machine.
- Align the bench so the bar is across the upper portion of your chest.
- Grasp the bar with a shoulder width grip.
- Unlock the bar and slowly lower the weight to your chest, do not bounce the bar on your chest.
- With slow controlled movements, raise the bar back to the starting position.
when you are doing this exercise for the first time, start on a lower weight in oder to perfect the technique.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: chest
- Secondary: shoulders, triceps
- Equipment: incline bench, smith machine