With the use of a Smith Machine this exercise strengthens your chest shoulders and triceps.
- Place a flat bench in the middle of the Smith Machine, with the bar in line with the middle of your chest.
- Lying on the bench, grasp the bar at shoulder width apart.
- Unlatch the bar and slowly lower the bar to your chest.
- Extend your arms fully and raise the bar to the starting position.
Ensure your hips and back remain in contact with the bench throughout this exercise.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: chest
- Secondary: shoulders, triceps
- Equipment: flat bench, smith machine