This is an exercise for chest and triceps strengthening.
- Lie flat on an incline bench set at a 45 degree angle, with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Grasp the bar a little wider than shoulder width apart.
- Raise the barbell above your body and move it over the middle of your chest, this is your starting position.
- Lower the bar down so it just touches your chest.
- Raise the bar straight up till your arms are fully extended and your elbows are locked.
- Return to starting position.
Do not bounce the bar off your chest always maintain a controlled motion.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: chest
- Secondary: triceps
- Equipment: barbell, incline bench