This is an advanced exercise for strengthening the chest, triceps and shoulders.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand and lay on an incline bench set at a 45 degree angle.
- Keep your feet flat on the floor and your back against the bench at all times.
- Using a hammer grip (with your palms facing each other), lift the weights to shoulder height on either side of your chest.
- Extend your arms fully and press the dumbbells up.
- Slowly return the dumbbells to the starting position at the sides of your chest.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: chest
- Secondary: shoulders, triceps
- Equipment: dumbbells, incline bench