This is an exercise for chest and shoulder strengthening.
- Lie on flat bench between two cable towers and your feet firmly on the ground.
- Grasp a pulley in each hand with your palms facing up.
- With a slight bend in your elbows, squeeze your chest and pull the cables together meeting in the middle of your chest.
- Hold for a moment and then slowly lower your hands back to starting position at bench height.
Ensure your back and hips stay in contact with the bench at all times during this exercise.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: chest
- Secondary: shoulders
- Equipment: cable machine, flat bench