This is an exercise for chest, triceps and shoulder strengthening.
- Lie on a flat bench with a dumbbell in each hand and your feet firmly on the ground.
- Lift the dumbbells over your chest extending your arms fully with a slight bend in your elbows, this is your starting position.
- Keeping a slight bend in your elbows, lower the dumbbells to the floor in an arc like motion.
- Slowly return the dumbbells over your chest to the starting position in a controlled motion.
Ensure your back and hips remain in contact with the bench at all times during this exercise.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: chest
- Secondary: shoulders, triceps
- Equipment: dumbbells, flat bench