This is an exercise for chest, triceps, shoulders and lats strengthening.
- Lie flat on a bench with your head hanging slightly over the end and your feet flat on the floor.
- Hold a barbell with a close grip (approximately 14”), keep your elbows in throughout the exercise.
- Starting with your arms fully extended over your chest, slowly lower the bar in an arc over your head and towards the floor.
- Pull the bar back up to chest height in a slow controlled manner and return to starting position.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: chest
- Secondary: lats, shoulders, triceps
- Equipment: barbell, flat bench