This is an exercise for lats, biceps and middle back strengthening; which is similar t the basic chin up but focuses more on lats.
- Grasp the pull up bar with a shoulder width underhand grip.
- Hang from the bar with your arms fully extended.
- Pulling yourself towards the bar lean your head back as far as you can and arch your spine.
- Continuing pulling so that your collarbone passes the bar and you are able to touch your sternum to the bar.
- Slowly lower yourself back to starting position.
- Repeat this motion.
Ensure you contract your core and back muscles through out this exercise in order to prevent injury and maximise the effectiveness of this exercise.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: lats
- Secondary: biceps, middle back
- Equipment: bar, body