This is an extremely good exercise for upper arm and middle back strengthening.
- Grasp the bar with an supinated (overhand) grip.
- Let your body hang from the bar with your arms straight.
- Slowly pull yourself up so that your chin is higher than the bar.
- With a controlled movement lower yourself to the starting position.
Ensure to contract your back and core muscles throughout this exercise to prevent injury and to maximize the effectiveness of the exercise.
- Type: isolation
- Primary: lats
- Secondary: biceps, middle back
- Equipment: bar, body